Are You Considering a Simplified Dissolution of Marriage?
Filing for divorce can be an incredibly stressful experience, no matter the reasons behind your impending split from your partner. Depending on your situation, you may have a number of legal options to choose from to make your separation official, and while it may seem like you can handle come of those options without the assistance of an attorney, an experienced legal voice will help give you the guidance you need to ensure that you make the decision that is best for both you and your family.
At Robert Sparks Attorneys, our Tampa divorce attorneys are committed to providing individuals and families with the knowledgeable legal assistance they require to navigate the divorce process and fight to secure the outcome they deserve. Whether you are just starting out the process of filing for divorce or if you are already well on your way, contact our firm to learn what we can do to assist you today.
What Is A Simplified Divorce?
Simplified divorce, also known as a simplified dissolution of marriage, is one option couples in Florida have when filing for divorce. This process allows you and your soon to be ex-spouse to bypass the main divorce process as long as both of you have an agreement as to how you’re going to divide your property and meet a set of requirements:
- Both you and your spouse must have lived in Florida for six months or longer
- Both you and your spouse must agree that the marriage cannot be saved
- You can neither have any minor dependent children nor be pregnant at the time you are filing for divorce
- You and your spouse must have worked out how property will be divided
- Neither you nor your spouse may seek alimony
- Both you and your spouse must complete a property settlement agreement and a Financial Affidavit declaring all finances and property, even if neither you nor your spouse possesses any property
- Both you and your spouse must attend the final divorce hearing
While you may feel like you don’t need to hire an attorney to assist you with a simplified divorce, you still need to work out how your property will be divided ahead of time, and it may be in your best interest to have experienced legal assistance to ensure that you aren’t left on the wrong side of a bad deal.
Hire An Experienced Family Law Firm Today
Going through a divorce can be one of the most stressful events of your life, but it’s important to know that you don’t have to face it alone. With decades of collective experience, our Tampa simplified divorce lawyers at Robert Sparks Attorneys have the knowledge you need to fight for the best possible outcome in your divorce
Learn more about what we can do to help you by giving us a call at (813) 606-5050 today.