Tampa Child Support Attorneys
Get a Fair Child Support Arrangement
Your children are the most important part of your life, and if you have made the decision to divorce, this can be difficult for them. We are here to help you and your children transition to your new family arrangement. One way we are prepared to do this is by helping you secure a fair child support arrangement. To learn more, get in touch with Robert Sparks Attorneys today.
How Child Support Is Determined in Florida
The court will take a number of factors into consideration when calculating child support and determining which parent is obligated to pay it.
- Both parent's income
- The parenting plan/custody agreement
- The child's necessary expenses (healthcare, school, etc.)
- How much it costs to meet the child's standard needs
- The overall best interests of the child
Visit § 61.30 of the Florida Statutes to learn more about how child support is calculated in Florida.
Enforcing a Child Support Order
If your child's other parent has failed or is failing to make child support payments, you can contact the court and petition to enforce a child support order. In some cases, the court may enact wage garnishments – withholding the payor's wages until they resume child support payments. Contact us to learn more about enforcing a support order.
Petition for Modification of Child Support
If you have already entered into a child support agreement but you need to modify the agreement, you may be able to petition with the court to do so. We also represent individuals who need to contest a child support modification petition. You may be eligible to have the court review your current support order if:
- Your current support order's duration is longer than six months
- Your current support order has not been modified or reviewed for 3 years
- You are able to show a substantial change in circumstances (ex: loss of employment, child's healthcare needs changed, etc.)
Discuss Your Case With Us Today
If you would like to discuss a child support arrangement with our firm, contact us today. Robert Sparks Attorneys has decades of experience and has been rated "Best Law Firms" by US News. We have the experience and skill necessary to secure an optimal outcome for you and your family.