Were You Seriously Injured Through Someone Else’s Negligence?
Workers on construction sites are the most at risk of suffering an electrocution injury given the amount of wiring and machinery involved in construction work, but these types of injuries can occur anywhere with an outlet. While these types or injuries are relatively uncommon, they can be among the most devastating.
Call us at (813) 336-3348 to tell us all about your situation today.
Electrocution can cause some of the most devastating injuries and are often the result of someone’s negligence or wrongful actions. If you were seriously injured, our Tampa personal injury attorneys at Robert Sparks Attorneys are committed to securing the legal outcome our clients require to move on to the next phase of their lives with the financial security they need. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers to discuss your situation.
Common Injuries Caused By Electrocution
- Issues breathing
- Issues hearing, seeing and / or swallowing
- Skin burns
- Lung failure
- Broken bones
- Heart Attack
- Muscle spasms
- Muscle pain
- Stopped or irregular heartbeat
Common Causes of Electrocution
- Worksite exposure
- Exposed wiring
- High-voltage power lines
- Lightning strikes
- Faulty appliances
- Faulty machinery
- Small children who stick a metal object into a socket or bite down on an electrical cord
Types Of Electrocution Injuries
Depending on the source of electricity, victims could suffer from one of four types of injury:
- Lightning Injury: Lightning strikes are the most common cause of this type of injury, though any high voltage, low duration charge could cause a similar result. Most of the damage in these types of injuries is limited to the outside of the body.
- Flame Injury: This type of injury occurs when the victim’s clothing or other material catches fire due to the electrical charge and causes burns.
- Flash Injury: This type of injury occurs when the victim’s injuries are limited to their skin and outer layers.
- True Electrical Injury: This type of injury occurs when the electrical charge can flow in one part of the victim’s body and out through another, turning the victim into a part of the electrical circuit.
If you were seriously injured, send us your information through our online form to schedule a case consultation today.
Hire The Legal Representation You Need
Our Tampa personal injury lawyers at Robert Sparks Attorneys have fought for the rights of injured victims for decades, and have successfully recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements over the years. If you were seriously injured through someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions, send us your information through our online form to request a consultation or give us a call at (813) 336-3348 to speak with a member of our firm today.