My Ex Got a Raise, Can I Modify Alimony?

In Florida family law cases, awards of permanent periodic alimony may be modified.  Alimony awards can be modified if there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the entry of the final judgment.  In Florida divorce cases, alimony is based on one party's need, and the other party's ability to pay.  Either party receiving an increase in income could constitute a substantial change in circumstances, warranting a modification of the alimony amount.

Contact a Tampa family law attorney regarding an alimony modification.