Robert Sparks and trial partner, Chris Codling, obtained the largest jury verdict in a pedestrian injury case in Hillsborough County history – an award of $30 million which was recognized as one of the largest verdicts in America in 2017. This record-setting verdict came on the heels of various other million dollar litigation and settlements, marking Robert as one of the youngest top trial attorneys in the nation to obtain such an accomplishment.
Millions Recovered for the Injured in Florida
As the lead trial attorney for the personal injury division, Robert has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients for cases involving wrongful death, negligence, medical malpractice, truck and auto accidents, insurance disputes, and commercial litigation. Robert also leads a team of family law attorneys and staff in the litigation of all facets of matrimonial and family law cases, including the representation of celebrities, athletes, business leaders, and other local community leaders.
In response to his successful litigation practices, Robert is recognized among the top 1% of attorneys in the country by the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and is included on the lists of Super Lawyers, The National Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, Expertise’s Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Tampa, Lawyers of Distinction and 10 Best Personal Injury Attorney by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
Under Rob's leadership, his team of personal injury trial attorneys has received recognition for Top Verdicts & Settlements by The National Law Journal (#62 Ming v. Gerelco Traffic Controls), Top Verdict's Number 1 Verdicts in Florida (Brain Injury), Number 2 Verdicts in Florida (Pedestrian Accident), Top 20 Verdicts in Florida (#11), Top 10 Car Accident Verdicts in Florida, Top 10 Personal Injury Verdicts in Florida, and Top 10 Brain Injury Verdicts in Florida.
Robert consistently represents clients against insurance companies that wrongfully deny or underpay insurance claims. He works tirelessly for his clients and has been successful in helping families and businesses recover against the insurance giants who would have otherwise denied or refused to take responsibility for their actions. As a result of this track record, Robert is acknowledged as one of the best up and coming trial lawyers.
A Tampa native, Robert attended King High School and then Saint Leo University on a baseball scholarship. Following his collegiate career, Robert graduated from Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center where he was honored for trial advocacy. Robert is licensed to practice in Florida, the Supreme Court of Florida, and the Federal Middle District Court of Florida.
He and his wife Dana, along with their children, reside in the Tampa Bay area and are involved in various civic and athletic organizations as sponsors and donors, as well as their local church.
Awards & Accolades
- Super Lawyers® - 2016-2020
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®
- #1 Verdict in Florida (largest brain injury verdict in Florida)
- Selected to the list of 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (AIPIA) in Florida - 2019
- Moot Court Honor Society; Honored for Academic and Trial Advocacy
- Best Personal Injury Attorney by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers To 40 Under 40
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Expertise’s Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Tampa
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Hillsborough County Family Law Executive Counsel
- Hillsborough County Bar Association; Family Law and Criminal Sections
- Supreme Court of Florida
- State Courts of Florida
- Federal Middle District Court of Florida