How Else Can I Get What I Am Owed?

Another way to collect on past due alimony or child support arrearages is for your attorney to issue a QDRO (qualified domestic relations order).  Most people think a QDRO is only used to separate out a spouse's interest in a retirement fund.  In fact, they are used for that purpose, but a little known fact is that they may also tap into a former spouse's retirement for purposes of enforcing alimony, child support and marital property rights that are delinquent.  Once more, the lawyer may receive attorneys' fees for prosecuting the claim. In this economic climate, when many a recalcitrant spouse is avoiding their financial obligation pursuant to their divorce case, that is good to know.  Just ask your expert Tampa Family Law attorney.