A principal attorney for Robert Sparks Attorneys, Victoria Cruz-Garcia demonstrates the culture of award winning excellence within the firm on a daily basis. In every case she takes on, she demonstrates equal parts passion and skill. Her experience in family law, as well as her dedication to her clients and to the legal community, has made her a powerful resource for clients and attorneys alike.
Through her experience in litigation and trials, Cruz-Garcia became interested in the up and coming members of her profession and took advantage of an opportunity to teach at the Western Michigan University-Cooley Law School’s Tampa campus. She found being in the classroom to be rewarding and a way for her to pay forward the opportunities and encouragement that she had received to pursue her own law career years ago.
When she is out of the courtroom and the classroom, Cruz-Garcia participates as a member and past president of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association (THBA) and as an appointed member of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Foundation.
While at Robert Sparks Attorneys, Cruz-Garcia has continued to stand out as one of the best in her field with her inclusion on the 2018 ‘Legal Elite’ list by U.S. Business News, as a "Super Lawyer®" 2017-2019, and a Rising Star℠ list maker by "Super Lawyers®" in 2012-2014, and as the recipient of the ‘2015 Luis Cabassa Award’ by the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association. She was also awarded the Tampa Hispanic Heritage Trailblazer Award in Education in 2014 and the WMU Cooley Law School ‘Great Deeds’ award in 2013.
Selected Honors & Memberships
- Super Lawyers® — 2017-2019
- Named to Rising Stars℠ by Super Lawyers® — 2013-2014
- Member and Past-President, Tampa Hispanic Bar Association, 2020
- Board Member and Secretary, Tampa Hispanic Bar Foundation, 2020
- Member of Class III, Florida Bar Leadership Academy – 2015-2016
- Member, Florida Bar Association Diversity and Inclusion committee, Executive Council 2015-2017
- Member, Florida Bar Association Special Committee to Study Unethical and Illegal Solicitation of Legal Business 2015-2016
- Tampa Hispanic Heritage Trailblazer Award in Education recipient 2014
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School Great Deeds Award recipient 2013
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association Luis Cabassa Award 2015
Experience & Advocacy
- Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, Assistant Professor 2012-2019
- Cruz-Garcia Law, P.A. 2011-2013
- “TBHBA Committed to Providing Understandable Access to Courts”, Hillsborough County Lawyer Magazine, 2012