A principal attorney for Robert Sparks Attorneys, Victoria Cruz-Garcia demonstrates the culture of award winning excellence within the firm on a daily basis. In every case she takes on, she demonstrates equal parts passion and skill. Her experience in family law, as well as her dedication to her clients and to the legal community, has made her a powerful resource for clients and attorneys alike.
Through her experience in litigation and trials, Cruz-Garcia became interested in the up and coming members of her profession and took advantage of an opportunity to instruct at the Western Michigan University-Cooley Law School’s Tampa campus. Cruz-Garcia currently teaches legal courses including Juvenile Dependency & Delinquency classes, as well as Torts and Florida Family Violence.
Cruz-Garcia had previously served as an WMU-Cooley Law adjunct professor in 2012 and 2014, while litigating family law cases as a trial attorney during the day. She found being in the classroom to be rewarding and a way for her to pay forward the opportunities and encouragement that she had received to pursue her own law career years ago. Enthusiastically involved in the local legal community as well, Cruz-Garcia is the creator of Cooley Communicates, an organization that provides court interpreters for pro se litigants.
When she is out of the courtroom and the classroom, Cruz-Garcia participates as a member and past president of the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association (THBA) and as an appointed member of the Florida Bar Association Diversity & Inclusion Committee, as well as a member of the Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee.
While at Robert Sparks Attorneys, Cruz-Garcia has continued to stand out as one of the best in her field with her inclusion on the 2018 ‘Legal Elite’ list by U.S. Business News, as a "Super Lawyer®" 2017-2018, and a Rising Star℠ list maker by "Super Lawyers®" in 2012-2014, and as the recipient of the ‘2015 Luis Cabassa Award’ by the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association. She was also awarded the Tampa Hispanic Heritage Trailblazer Award in Education in 2014 and the WMU Cooley Law School ‘Great Deeds’ award in 2013.
Selected Honors & Memberships
- Super Lawyers® — 2017-2018
- Named to Rising Stars℠ by Super Lawyers® — 2013-2014
- Member, Florida Bar Association and U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Member and Immediate Past-President Tampa Hispanic Bar Association - 2015
- Member of Class III, Florida Bar Leadership Academy – 2015-2016
- Member, Florida Bar Association Voluntary Bar Liaison Committee, - 2015
- Member, Florida Bar Association Diversity and Inclusion committee, Executive Council 2015-2016
- Member, Florida Bar Association Judicial Nomination Procedures Committee 2015-2016
- Federal Bar Association Law School Advisor 2015-2016
- Member, Florida Bar Association Special Committee to Study Unethical and Illegal Solicitation of Legal Business 2015-2016
- Tampa Hispanic Heritage Trailblazer Award in Education recipient 2014
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School Great Deeds Award recipient 2013
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association Luis Cabassa Award 2015
Experience & Advocacy
- Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, Professor 2018
- Thomas M. Cooley School of Law, Assistant Professor 2012-2014
- Cruz-Garcia Law, P.A. 2011-2013
- Solomon Law Group, P.A., Trial Attorney 2008-2011
- Curry Law Group, P.A. Trial Attorney 2005-2008
- Joyce & Reyes, P.A. Associate 2004-2005
- “TBHBA Committed to Providing Understandable Access to Courts”, Hillsborough County Lawyer Magazine, 2012