For more than 40 years, Ellen D. Ostman has provided her clients with the highest quality of family law advocacy, guiding thousands of families through the most difficult crisis of their lives. As a result, her legal experience has helped to enrich the entire team of family trial attorneys at Robert Sparks Attorneys, as she is uniquely qualified to handle any family law situation and has mentored the team to follow her lead.
Officially recognized by the Florida State Bar as a Board Certified family and marital specialist, Ellen’s award winning service to her clients embodies the firm’s commitment to being the best in its field. Her expertise in family law has made her an incredible asset to her clients, has allowed her to serve in numerous high-profile cases, and has also resulted in many awards and peer recognition, including her inclusion on the "Super Lawyer®" list (2006, 2014-2019). Ellen excels in high-stakes situations and has litigated such cases that have become the subjects of made-for-TV movies and exposés.
When out of the courtroom, Ellen has a passion for the rights and needs of families. She has served on the Board of Directors for ‘The Spring’, a shelter for abused and battered women and children, worked as a child support hearing officer, and authored a book about the divorce process titled Dear Client.
- State Courts of Florida
- Federal Middle District Court of Florida
Experience & Advocacy
- Former Child Support Hearing Officer - 1991 - 1995
- Former Traffic Magistrate - 1990 - 1998
- Sole Practitioner for over 25 years
- Author of "Dear Client" A Complete Handbook for Understanding and Surviving Your Legal Divorce Process (Axelrod 1996)
- Speaker for the National Business Institute
- Co-Author of Injunctions for Protection, Chapter 741 of the Florida Statutes in 1982. Florida was the second state in the United States to pass this kind of legislation.